Wednesday, June 6, 2012


I typically feel a distinction between the person I am being and the person I want to be (although less often and with less intensity as I grow older.)  My inhibitions hold me back, and sometimes for good reason, but mostly for silly reasons.  But it makes it a special kind of fulfilling to feel I am being exactly the person who I want to be.  I get that on occassion, and I felt it running around my neighborhood canvassing Monday night, as I leaned over a fence and yelled to my neighbors and smiled, and pounded on doors, and made friends with people in bus stops, and when we walked down the street and people honked at us, and when we helped our neighbors paint "Same Day Registration" on their car.  I felt energy buzzing through me and that it was coming out of me and buzzing right into other people and it was excellent.

3 comments:

  1. I felt that way when I was collecting Doug La Follette signatures! It was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the energy part or do you too feel a distinction between who you are being and who you want to be?

      Delete
    2. Both of it! I mean, I usually don't ~know~ who I want to be, but I'm pretty sure I'm closer to it when I'm out working on something I care about and being sociable at the same time. Usually I am neither.

      Delete