Saturday, April 21, 2012

"You Win!" Moments

These are moments where you feel like your heart is going to explode; because it just can't take any more awesome.  Where every mistake you've made and every pain you've ever felt is absolutely worth it just because they led to this moment.

*On the speedboat in the Hudson River in NYC when Stewie and I were on our road trip.

*I remember driving around through some back roads near Mazomanie in the spring, in the convertible, with the top down, at dusk listening to the Flaming Lips and feeling like the moments were both slipping by too fast and going on forever.

*Standing on the lake shore at the edge of the city in Chicago on a Monday morning as the city woke up and the sun came up.

*Rolling around laughing in the dog park at 2:00 AM with Genie after admitting our respective Messy Breakdowns.

*Almost any time I take Scruffy to the dog park and watch him leap happily through the grass and run to me from across the park.

*Speeding in the car on County Highway Mmmmmmm listening to grrl rock, cresting over the hill and seeing the Dead Tree, with the sun shining on my hands on the wheel; I felt like the world was so large and I could do absolutely anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment